Dororo is being crowdfunded for a stream release with subtitles for the very first time! This is one of the classic series produced by Mushi Production which started anime as a whole beginning with Astro Boy in 1963. Dororo was released in 1969 as the last black and white anime and the first title from the World Masterpiece Theater staple.
Here are a few reasons why you should definitely pledge (all money is sent only if the goal is reached):
- One of Osamu Tezuka’s best anime.
- From an all-star crew of anime makers. (Gisaburô Sugii, Yoshiyuki Tomino, Osamu Dezaki, Noboru Ishiguro, Isao Tomita, etc.)
- Based on one of Tezuka’s best manga which was adapted into a cult video game and popular movie.
- It’ll have a chance at a DVD release later if popular enough.
- Ensuring at least a few series are successful will keep Anime Sols afloat and all the classic shows they are giving a chance to.
- For fans of classic anime, this would be the oldest TV anime ever to get a subtitled release.
We need less than $500 and we’re getting only one pledge every 10 days at the current pace. C’mon people.
US and Canada only…
A LIFE OF A NINJA (1983)
Staring our favorite Ninja-girl Elsa Yeung and the great Yasuaki Kurata.
Featuring female Ninja mud wrestling !!
See, here’s the thing with this… Movies and stage productions use bamboo blades covered with a folded thin tin sheet, giving the prop a proper metallic look, solidity but feather light weight for better fight choreography.
A full-on real katana weights WAY too much to be carried in the teeth, so yeah, DO NOT try this at home.
御用船 （1927） 林長ニ郎 （長谷川一夫） - 写真ライフ
Kabuki Actor (Tsuchi Gumo), 1930, Japan
KANA, from the DC Comics “G.I. COMBAT” series in the 1980’s.
Finger-tip rubber zombies from Party City…